May 3rd is a Reading Day. Final exams for Spring 2023 will be May 4, 5, 8, 9, & 10. Students may schedule final exams from March 29 to April 21, 2023.
Final Exam Schedule from the MSU's Office of the Registrar, please click HERE.
The DRC Testing Center will follow the University testing schedule; however, testing start times will be adjusted to accommodate for extended time for testers.
DRC Test Times: 8:00am, 12:30pm, 3:00pm, and 5:00pm.
Exams scheduled for...
- 8:00am will begin at 8:00am at the DRC
- 12:00pm will begin at 12:30pm at the DRC
- 3:00pm will begin at 3:00pm at the DRC
- 7:00pm will begin at 5:00pm at the DRC
- All final exams administered through the DRC Testing Center will be 4.5 hours (50% time) unless a student has additional time in their accommodation plan.
- Students are required to schedule all exams on the same day and time (see adjusted testing time at DRC) as the University's Exam Schedule.
- If a student has back-to-back tests where the first exam will overlap into the next exam (i.e. students who have 12:30 and 3:00 exams or students who have 3:00 and 5:00 exams), discuss alternate test times with instructors PRIOR to scheduling a test request. Once the student has been approved to submit an alternate test time, the student must include that information in the Notes section of the test request. If approval was not obtained by the student prior to scheduling the test request and selecting an alternate test time/date, the DRC Testing Center will comply with the instructor's request. This may result in the cancellation of a test request and the student will have to take the exam in the classroom without accommodations.
- To take final exams at the DRC, students must schedule exams through the Test Request System in Banner.
- If a test is scheduled incorrectly, instructors and the DRC have the right to deny a test request.
Departmental Group Exams
The following courses administer Departmental Group Exams which will begin at 5:00pm in the DRC Testing Center:
- ACC 2013
- ACC 2023
- MA 1313
- MA 1323
- MA 1613
- MA/ST 2113
- MA 1713
- MA 1723
- MA 2733
- Eng. Mechanics
Students taking exams at 5:00pm will be required to stay at the DRC office until 7:00pm when the remainder of the class begins the exam. During this time, students will not have access to cell phones or other electric devices.
The Instructor or DRC Testing Center May Deny a Test Request for the Following Reasons
- Student intentionally misscheduled a test
- False information was provided to the Testing Center (ex. notes are allowed on exam) regarding the exam
- Student choses an alternate test time but did not receive prior approval from the instructor.
Rules for Final Exam Testing
- Arrive on time for exams. End-time for exams will not be extended for late arrivals.
- Proper identification must be provided (ex. MSU ID, state driver's license, state identification card)
- All electronic devices (phones, computers, tablets, watches, etc.) must be placed in a locker until after the student has turned in the exam.
- No oversized coats will be allowed in the testing rooms.
- Snacks and beverages are allowed at the discretion of the testing staff.
- Breaks will be limited and must be approved prior to leaving the testing space.
Any student found in violation of the Honor Code will be reported to the Student Honor Code Office.