Chronic Illness

Chronic health conditions can cause ongoing difficulties such as fatigue, pain, and nausea, but can also become acute, lasting from a few hours to several days. These symptoms can significantly impair a student's academic performance.

Students with a chronic illness should request accommodations through the DRC office which will assist with developing an accommodation plan tailored to meet the needs of the student. Documentation of illness is required in order to receive accommodations.