The DRC office is located on the bottom floor of Montgomery Hall.
If you have a diagnosis of Autism, visit this link for information concerning MSU's Autism Liaison program: https://www.addc.msstate.edu/liaison. This is a beneficial resource, but it is not required to obtain accommodations from the DRC.
How to Apply
- Visit www.msstate.edu
- Under Apps & Services, click Banner
- Select Student
- Under the Academic Records column, click Disability Resource Center Application.
- Complete the application and attach supporting documentation.
- Click Finish.
A DRC staff member will contact the student to arrange an accommodation meeting.
Disability-related documentation should provide information on the functional impact of the disability so that effective accommodations can be identified. Criteria for the source, scope and content of documentation differs by disability type. Documentation may include assessments, reports, and/or letters from qualified evaluators, professionals, or institutions. Common sources of documentation are health care providers, psychologists, diagnosticians, and/or information from a previous school (e.g., accommodation agreements/letters, 504, or IEP documents). Note that the DRC reserves the right to request additional documentation when inadequate information is submitted.
- Typed on letterhead, dated, and signed by a qualified professional
- Diagnostic Statement with any related diagnostic methodology (diagnostic criteria and/or procedures)
- Symptoms experienced by the individual.
- Functional limitations to life activities. (Limitations inform which accommodations are appropriate.)
- Severity and frequency of the symptoms
- Expected progression of the symptoms or condition.
- Current medication(s) and any related side-effects.
Documentation can be submitted to the Disability Resource Center by the student requesting accommodations or from the professional proving the documentation.
The DRC office will accept documentation through the follow channels:
- Uploaded in the online portal when submitting an accommodation request (preferred)
- Email - email@example.com
- Fax - 662.325.8190
- Delivery by student